Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Workplace Worries

Ok, so technically I don't "work" at the VA but I do work. Gosh, just the five hours there today was crazy. So, I'm definitely not changing to another area because, well I've just been around HR so much. Although I worked in Human Resources last year I met so many people today. Including, for like the first time ever, someone who doesn't like me. I guess now they decide to notice?
First off today I had to come and hour early because Jennifer is still hurting from the removal of her wisdom teeth. Like Monday, today I was working with Shawn since Erika and Gina don't really have anything for me to do. The first hour he was busy so basically I just stood around. Then this one lady brings me in her office and I talk with the others in her room. While we were talking I found out she's the one who makes the crowns at the Harvestfest! Such a small world. I really enjoy being with the people in that room cause they're fun, mainly because they're some of the youngest people in HR. We even brought up Comic-con and Harry Potter! Strange yet so exciting. However, all this caused someone to like hate me!
I have never been, like hated so much, or at least not that I know of. This lady, I heard is crazy and annoying and does this to all the volunteers and work study. She looks like she's about to have a heart attack at any moment (not my observation) and freaks me out! She makes me tense up and all nervous that I'm going to get in trouble at any second! Oh, and I totally heard her talking about me. Shoot, she doesn't even know me. And I KNOW she talked about me at the HR meeting today (which I just stayed at Shawn's desk for a half an hours just sitting there) cause afterwards all the people I normally am with was like telling me all these new rules for volunteers, thus I met a whole bunch of people. I also have to wear more professional looking clothing. I don't mind any of this at all just that one lady bugs me. EHHHHhhh!!!!! I just will feel weird wearing professional work clothing like everyone else cause I'm so used to being casual, I like that it separates me from everyone else. Gosh, I've got a lot to tell Jennifer.
Also, today was the Fourth of July potluck luncheon for HR so I helped with that and got free food!
I don't know how all this sounds to everyone else but it was an experience for me.
Yesterday Cheyenne wasn't able to bike with me like I planned so I biked with Sarah. I biked to her house and then we went to Good Shepherd to turn in our Camp Emmaus forms, went to my house, ate dinner, and my brother came with us to ride her to her house. I love biking now. It's like new hobby. Oh, and I got a new helmet from Walmart. Hopefully I'll bike around more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment