Thursday, July 16, 2009

Too late, little trust

"Movies can break your heart, but so can many diseases..." -A ridiculous commercial on the radio

How odd that I would hear this the day movies broke and mended me. Yesterday Sarah, Victoria, and I watched Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. We arrived an hour earlier and there wasn't much of a line since we went at 4:10. I went over to Barnes and Noble to buy a book and I saw Estephanie and her sister Jackie! We talked forever! Stephanie and I could probably talk all day, which is why we always got Pearson pissed. When I left here to search for the 5 steps to a 5 I saw Viet and Chris! Of course I had to say something! All this and then I find out they didn't have my book so I had to order it. I spent an hour at Barnes and Noble. I couldn't believe myself. Although it was fun, I feel like I'm neglecting my friends, especially after Gianna told me what her sister had sad. It was amusing but I'm realizing I'm taking them for granted due to my greedy self; therefore, I'm not being the best friend I should be. There's always grey areas but I think I stepped into the black.
There was so much I wanted to blog about during the movie, all my little side notes; however, of course, I would forget. I did remember a few though such as how I knew the actor that played Professor Horace Slughorn also played Harold in Moulin Rouge. I must say Cormac was really cute and I just had to squeal when he did the seductive look while eating. Who was I to turn to but Sarah?! But my, oh my! Tom Felton never looked better. I adored him since The Prisoner of Azkaban. That suit and those shoes!
Unfortunately I messed the timing of the movie. I can't go out for the rest of the summer. First in January they say I can't hang out until June and now I can't hang out until the summer ends? I don't get it. The movie was finished around 6:50 and math tutoring begins at 6:30. My dad didn't arrive at the theatre until 7:10. He didn't want to drop me off so we just drove around. My mom was not happy. I knew she wouldn't but then she talked about numerous things including past issues, core team, and trust. I felt like crap and all I could do was sit in the bathroom, cry, and make exaggerated sobs as my face rested on my arms. I understand their point of view, I even thought of how makes better points. I hate to admit it but they did, yet, it just doesn't make sense. All these restrictions, what are they to do? I only hope that one day my children can be raised in a way that they feel like I do now.
My cousin Minerva once told me, when she was trying to cheer me up, that our parents see us at our worst of times, they remember it, and they have this image they have of us. I now constantly think about this and its so true. It starts real young, so it adds on and on. Nobody has seen me so fucking sad as they have. Nobody has seen me as so irresponsible. Nobody has seen me this low. Sorry about the language. I feel like through another parent's eyes I'm a pretty good child, but I'm never good enough for my own. Sometimes I wish I can be a C average extra-spoiled brat so that I wouldn't have the pressure I have now.
At the end of the night, I ended up watching The Family Stone with my mom. At least I'm glad I don't have horrible family problems. Movies mend the heart as well. I just wish they could mend diseases.

Album of the Hour: A Good Day by Priscilla Ahn. She reminds me of Eagle and Talon and Karen Carpenter. Her sweet voice makes me feel better yet I can still feel enough sadness and joy at the same time. It's hard to describe.

2 comments:

  1. Tracey :( i honestly think that what they did was unreasonable. The whole movie thing wasn't all your fault and i feel like the punishment you got was way to hard. :( i mean the rest of summer?!
    So I hope you dont feel like you deserved such a harsh restrictions because you definitely didnt deserve them.
    :( sorry im just speaking my mind because I feel like its unfair and you deserve better :I

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww thanks. i'm hoping they'll forget.

    ReplyDelete