Sunday, July 5, 2009

Between 3rd and 4th

These past couple of days has been amazing. Yesterday was Snow White's birthday and the 4 cornors + Nikki went out to watch Transformers! I definately want to watch that movie again. Gosh I love that Leo guy. Laters we stayed at Sissy's house and played ping pong, majong (of course), ate, and played ninja! I wish I could record all the conversations I had this day because the word flowing out of our lips were hilarious. After Chey left I felt as if the mood changed and so we watched Tropic Thunder for like five minutes before everyone from the (Good Shepherd) show came over after practice at eleven. The rest of the time was spent swiming and trying to extend our vocabulary with the ABC game. At 11:08 my dad called me and I didn't call him until 11:49. "Mrs. Vidakovich can take me home."
"Ok, I'm going to sleep," were the words to our conversation. That was all. Thank God Mrs. Vidakovich was my coach, otherwise, I would never in my life imagine staying out until 3 in the morning.
Each year for the fourth of July my dad's side of the family gets together to remember the day my grandpa died. For the first time ever Minerva was not there since she's in England, thus, the toddlers to 8 year-olds forced me to chase them around. I got a workout and toothpaste on my ass. Yes, my cousins' kids screamed, threw balls at, punched in the boob, and squeeze toothpaste on my favorite pair of jeans but it's all good. Spending time with kids makes me feel so carefree. That's my favorite thing about childhood: the carelessness.
Like the rest of the fourth of July tradition my cousins, brother, and I went across Circle K to enjoy the bright lights, loud bangs, and smoke of fireworks. Chi Dung, my dad's high school's daughter who's staying with us also came along. The Mira Mesa Town Council really outdid itself. The finale was just awesome. So colorful and there was just so much. On the way back to my house guess who would be behind me. Mr. Maheu, my academic idol! We talked (or as he put it, "stalked" me) until he and his family reached his car. He's going to teach a freshman class called like AP something Economics. The night concludes with more talks about school and my future with older cousins that have gone through everything. My parents are like this...everytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment