Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Success and Failure

"It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect." 2 Samuel 22:33

It's amazing how God's mind works, if you would even call it a mind. Although I was truly disappointed at the time, I think God's plan was for me not to be Key Club's Vice President but to be Core Team's. I am so incredibly happy! It's so nice when others say kind things to you, but even better when they feel you are worthy of something. I thank Him for aiding those who were helping me and I truly hope I can prove to the Core Team that their decision has been the right one, that my hardwork and dedication will mean something. I feel bad for others, whose disappointment I can see on their face, but I hope that this result will impact them, and myself, in a positive way. I have not yet told my parents in fear that they believe I'm too busy with schoolwork, but they have always thought this (example: sports, when I actually did better when I was in them). I am looking forward for this next year and what awaits the 2009-2010 Core Team!
After the four hour discernment, Sarah and I went biking. My brother, Travor, joined us after dinner and we rode towards Sarah's home; however, we decided to go Camino Ruiz park and spent our time failing at bike locks, analyzing the sections, and timing our obstacle course. We ended up loosing track of the time for it was eight o'clock in the evening when we headed back to Sarah's. Both my brother and I forgot our cell phones and it was getting dark when arrived there; thus, my brother and I are what I consider "bike grounded." We're not able to ride our bikes until August. This pretty much sucks since I was planning to bike tomorrow (technically today since it's 12:27) and Thursday. Oh well, I thought it was a fair punishment. What a day of both success and failure!

No comments:

Post a Comment