Sunday, June 7, 2009

Desperately Seeking Senior Year


Song of the moment: Four Years by Jon McLaughlin.

This morning, well....yesturday morning since it's after midnight, I took my SAT Subject Tests in bio-e and u.s. history. I didn't do so great and I highly regret not taking them in May. I am so over school right now. I actually feel like a senior although the Class of 2009 has not yet passed their tassels over to the left. I am excited for what lies ahead for me on my last year of the supposedly best time of my life. ASB, Core Team, potentically geting a license, prom, seniority, and best of all, more freedom! At least I hope so. That's how it was in eight grade for me. That was such a great year for me cause my parents became more open. I'm wishing that this cycle will continue for my senior year. But with all the excitment doesn't senior year have its drawbacks: leaving behind the known, having more responsiblities, and the stress with preparing for the first year of college. I feel like in every stage of life is setting you up for the next step in life and you never get to have a time for yourself. When you're a child you have to learn how to act to society's standards. Then you have to prepare for college which lead to a career, thus leading to taking charge of one's life until you can have your children take care of you. Life is so strange.

After my subject tests Nga came over to work on our giraffe powerpoint and Katie came later on after her Reasoning Test. I can't believe how much fun it was. I don't even remember why everything was so funny but after they left I couldn't help be feel happy. In a year I'm really gonna miss all this.

Now, to explain my Madonna photo. Last weekend while procrastinating on homework I watched Desperately Seeking Susan since it was aired on one of the channels. It's such a fun movie and Madonna is such a diva, I love it. And the style! How much fun is the 80s? Loved the outfits.
I guess it's time for me to go to bed...good evening!

1 comment:

  1. One more day Tracey!! :D Good luck with your last finals!

    ReplyDelete