Friday, August 7, 2009

Hot Priest, Hot Nun


Why is it that the cutest people at camp are going to be a priest and a nun. I'll have people to back that up too. The second picture is off Pam and me. Gosh I love her! She's such an inspiration and the highlight of my days. I feel bad for all the guys. We "lost another one" as Jenna said in her witness talk. So Pam remembered my name, took a picture with me, waved at me at dinner, and she called me her friend! Ahhh! She is my idol icon. She so sweet and cute and kind, and so like our Blessed Mother!
Ok, enough of my obsession of Pam.
Camp Emmaus was the best! The moment I came back on my driveway I just wanted to come back. It truly is true that the best friends we make are those in faith.
I must say, this year I had the best small group I had ever had. Group 6, Jesus + Friends consisted of myself, Gerard, Amanda, Katie, Adriana, Billy, Shayan, Kyle, Ally, Rayven, and of course, Jesus! OMJ, we connected right away and had the best moments ever. Affirmations were amazing. They always make me feel so good. I had such a good time with them. So many memories including Connie, soda machines, "You need to freshen up," matchmaker, moms, I love you's rocking out, lusting, and so much more. Oh, and I got back at Ally when it came to cute boys. haha!
Not only did I have an fabulous small group, my cabin had seven beautiful ladies! Although Charisse left, Deanna, Stephanie, and Cheyenne moved in with Jasmine, Victoria, Nina, and me. We had the loveliest talks at night, and getting to talk about faith at night just reminds me that there are others like me out there. We had the best time ever. Vicki's black lady alter ego came out! She is so scary! There was also a night when Nina flashed her flashlight on and off at Cheyenne and I so we started to do model poses. I kinda got a little carried away and got recorded! Oh dear. They also took an embarrassing photo of me when I made my body go through the ladder to say hi to Estephanie. I love those girls.
All the night activities were just incredible. Sunday night's concert had everyone getting into the music and faith. I think Monday night was when we split the girls and guys up and it was just so inspiring. Tuesday night we watched The Ultimate Gift, which I totally call the protagonist (he's such a hottie). I highly recommend watching that movie. The talent show on Wednesday night was so much fun and to have affirmations following that was just perfect.
I think my favorite part about camp this year was Adoration. It was so powerful and occurred after the Mass my group was a part of. It's kinda weird that Fr. Joe was wearing sandals during Adoration but that's ok. It was just so, I don't know how to describe it other than powerful. You could definitely feel Jesus's presence when we sang, and when we had a pause in singing in the middle, I could hear all our voices in the wind. Jesus definitely has the most beautiful name in the world. Just saying his name can give chills.
There's always more to tell but there's so much I wouldn't be able to tell everything.
I love Camp Emmaus! "It's an everyday thing."

No comments:

Post a Comment