Sunday, April 18, 2010

Beginning of the End


I can’t believe all that happened today.

Current songs replaying in my head because of today: I Am, This is The Air I Breathe.

Today has been the end of such an amazing part of my life. The beginning of the end of several chapters of my life. The place I spend most of my life at besides my home is Good Shepherd Parish. I have so many memories there from the time I was baptized to this very night. The last Core Team meeting and the last Confirmation class that I junior facilitated.
Such a big part of me came from Core Team. From not getting in the first year I tried out to being VP it has all been a crazy time. I made friendships that I know I can count on for life.
So the Agenda I made for today’s meeting didn’t even matter much. I feel like this weekend I saw the juniors step up and saw I have tremendous faith in them to carry on this beautiful ministry. I can’t believe we were discerning chairs and officers today. Congratulations to Kyle, Melisa, and Rayven so far! Wow, I really love Core Team. My life would be so different without it.

Confirmation class was awesome, it was a really great night and the only thing about it that I disliked was that we didn’t have any time in our small groups but I know my small group is going to hang out together! It started with the junior facilitators going into the side room while the students had a quiz and Chad spoke to use about his wife. I look it when I know that prayers have been answered. 


Ferdie, Cheyenne, and I decided to get slurpies across the street at 7-11 since everyone had them and we were tempting us so we left (they were taking a quiz anyways). Before leaving we wrote on cars and I became “protector” since I kept punching them like I was in a car looking for slug bugs and state plates. Came back and Ferdie and I saw the wrath of Victoria so we decided to successfully move her car with a little help from Joe. Haha, it was so funny watching her reaction; she still doesn’t know it was us—I think.


After all that came the Last Supper Skit which I totally need to thank Leo and Kyle for letting me be in it in the last minute. So glad I was able to because although it was really hard standing still for the LONGEST 3 SONGS OF MY LIFE while getting all sweaty under the bright lights I got the opportunity to hug each and every one of the candidates there this night.


Thanks to Jovette, I started bitting people as you can see Mark and I am doing in this photo. -___-


I hope you get to spend a little time tonight to thank God of some of the wonderful things in your life. I know I will.

“I will no longer cry myself to sleep because Core Team is over, but rather smile, for the things that are coming our way.” -Stephanie Espinoza 

No comments:

Post a Comment