Saturday, February 27, 2010

Texting Proposal

The following is the proposal I am writing to my parents in attempt to get texting. I don’t even care if it’s unlimited, I just want to get something. Would you care to add any suggestions?

Texting Proposal
  1. Nobody talks on the phone anymore. 
  2. Instead of initiating a long phone conversation, a text can be used for a quick, to-the-point answer.
  3. When I need to call to ask about a homework assignment texts are faster since the assignment is typed on the phone and sent and one does not need to take time to read the assignment for the other person to write down. You can view the assignment on your phone through the text.
  4. Like number 3, driving directions or people’s addresses can be sent through text in a quick manner.
  5. Mass Texting allows for communication among multiple people without disrupting their time since they may choose to reply immediately or when one has time. It is also a great way to send reminders to others or send event schedules. This is especially great for Core Team, ASB, and other groups.
  6. Texting is convenient since most people will look that their text messages but are too lazy to check their voice mail. They can also wait to view texts on their own time and you will not disrupt them or take time to create a well-thought out answer.
  7. Showers will be shorter because I would want to see my texts.
  8. Texting is great when someone is in a noisy area and talking on the phone would be frustrating due to yelling and the repeating of “What? Can you say that again?” Or, in the opposite case, while in public one does not have to talk loudly into a phone (like in stores or the library).
  9. In case of an emergency they are useful since they are quiet. (For example, a kidnapping)
  10.  Texting would result in talking less on the phone. We wouldn’t need unlimited minutes for talking and it would even out on the bill.
Extra Notes
1. Even Tiffany and Sophie have text! (My younger cousins)
2. My driving instructor told me to text him whether I passed the driving test or not and I couldn’t.
3. For projects (like my Spanish video project) I was out of the loop on decisions that were made over text.
4. I should get it for my 18th birthday! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment