Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thankful

It’s been a crazy long time since my last real text blog. That’s what I was going for in the first place but now I’m heading in the opposite direction. Too much reblogging for me. I really don’t like the idea of Tumblarity, defeats the whole purpose of blogging. There should be a word count for Tumblairty. Oh, well the purpose of this text was not to be my rant on tumblr but of my long and wonderful Thanksgiving week.

The start of my break couldn’t have been better. Friday Night I watched random clips from movies and musicals with Julie, Kelli, Matt, and Ankur and later went to the Carlsbad game. Ditched that since we were just winning so by so much and nobody was really a “maniac.” Julie, the crazy Asian lady driver, gave the ladies two wins at the battle of the sexes race to Barnes and Noble and back. I was a little insane that day but when am I not? That night I saw Auntie Cuc at Starbucks with her friends while everyone had a Harry Potter identity while ordering. Who doesn’t love Potter allusions?

The next three days were relatively boring, although I did watch Rebel Without a Cause and my mom enjoyed it as well. Wednesday Amy and Michelle came over as we waited for Cau Tuan to bring our new bed for the guest room.

Thanksgiving was one of the better Thanksgivings in a while. I had a blast in Tiffany’s room with a little kids. Auntie Dung is a genius and had an Arts and Crafts table! So much fun. Glitter and visors and paper and messes. I felt like a kid again. Oh, and sour gummy worms! Yum! We also went to the park that day. 5 semi-older cousins with 5 little ones. Mina, Jenay, and I also had a ridiculous time yelling “Happy Thanksgiving” to Betty and Barbie over the phone while they were across the room. Just obnoxious. :D Later went to Di Uyen’s and watched Beyonce’s I am…Yours.

Black Friday. I’ve gone for eight years now. This year Fry’s, Wal-Mart, Denny’s, and Fashion Valley. Had some issues with a couple people but in the end everything was fine. And I did get some great deals! Oh, and my new name is Quinn according to my Starbucks order. ;]

That night was a major Nerf Gun fight. Can you say machine gun? Let’s just leave it at that.

Cheyenne and I were trying so desperately on Saturday to find a ride to Kamilah’s Debute since it was raining. All went well and I had a lovely time.

Grrrr….the worst part about the break was turning in my college apps. I just fjoaghioehgas. But, although it was so late notice, I got three people to edit my essay and I so appreciate them for that. I got to turn in my applications late Sunday night but got in trouble for it. Oh well, don’t think it will mean much. I just feel so good now. I’m done! I don’t even care if I get in anymore. I mean, it would be nice, and I do care, it’s just, so much less stress for me.

Well, I’m off to continue watching the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. Which reminds me….I need new panties!

No comments:

Post a Comment